The weather over the last few weeks has been far from summery. So here at The Locals we have decided to try and beat the summer shower blues by making some of our favourite summer recipes; and nothing says summer like Raspberry Pavlova! Our take on the classic recipe features a crisp meringue, topped with luscious raspberry yogurt cream and decorated with fresh raspberries. Enjoy….
3 large eggs, separated
175g caster sugar
275ml whipping cream
200g Rachel’s low fat raspberry yogurt
Icing sugar, to dust
Makes: 6 individual or 1 large Pavlova
1. Pre-heat oven to 140°c/300°F/Gas Mark 2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof or parchment paper.
2. Take a clean bowl and whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks, you should be able to lift the bowl upside
down without the whites sliding.
3. Gradually add the sugar, continuing to whisk.
4. Spoon the meringue in blobs onto the prepared baking tray.
5. Place the tray into the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes to 1 hour. If you can, leave the
meringues in the oven overnight to completely dry out.
6. Whip the cream with the yogurt and place on top of the meringues, decorate with fresh raspberries and
add a light dusting of icing sugar. Serve immediately.
Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hour